Tuesday 21 April 2020

Closed Groove Archive


Closed Groove has been created to act as an archival reference point for my collection of vinyl records, a collection that will inevitably exist beyond my lifetime, either together or apart. Each record contains an information sheet detailing why I loved that record (or otherwise), what was happening in my life when I connected with that record and also a little of what was happening in the world at the time. If you find one of my records and are now looking at Closed Groove, you can now see what other records I owned and what they meant to me. Perhaps you may want to track them down or you might happen upon more just from crate-digging. 

Vinyl records are a unique way to connect with the past, not only because of the music they contain, but because of who owned and loved them. This blog represents a small part of the global history of the ultimate in physical media, the vinyl record.





No comments:

Post a Comment